Friday, September 14, 2007

Meditating


Okay, I don't know if Joey can meditate. This is him listening to Shinzen Young's The Science of Enlightenment. You could argue that in this moment, I was not really listening to The Science of Enlightenment, but that I was instead photographing my dog. It's on my iPod. I'll hear it again.

Not that you asked, but I am really enjoying Shinzen Young's work and recommend him to anyone interested in meditation or mindfulness at all. His website is also excellent. You can find him at http://www.shinzen.org/index.htm.

In other news, I now know, through Joey, every domesticated animal on the block. I have met some of their owners. I am learning who picks up after their dogs and who doesn't (I do! I do!). I am also learning that people know me that I don't know. A woman started chatting with us when we were outside. She wanted to know if we had a new dog or were just sitting for one. I had no idea who she was, but she obviously knew we didn't have a dog before. I'm guessing she lives across the street... I gotta pay more attention!

No comments: